Saturday, November 20, 2010

Marine Corps Birthday Ball

Dustin's USMC Birthday Ball was this Thursday night in Greenville, North Carolina. It was an incredibly whirlwind last couple of days, because I did not want to have to write sub plans and take a day off for the ball. Call me stubborn I guess! So here is how the ball prep went down:

Wed. night: Packed up dress, make-up, shoes, clothes for Friday, etc. into the car

Thurs. 6:15 a.m. Dustin dropped me off at school at 6:30 in the morning (first teacher there that day!) before he went in to work

Thurs. 4:15 p.m. Dustin picks me up from school the moment MY school day ends. I get my make-up on AND curl my hair using hot rollers on the 1 1/2 hour drive to Greenville. We check into the hotel, change into our fancy clothes, and I quickly style my hair

Thurs. 6:15 p.m. We arrive at the ball, grab some beer and wine, find our table, and relax. We made it there in one piece! The ceremony was not too long, the guest speaker was funny and interesting, and the food was good. We got our formal photos taken, I got to meet some more people Dustin works with, and we danced to a couple songs. Then we split at around 10:15 to just chill back at our hotel, where they had some live music playing and basketball games on TV.








Dustin with the Guest of Honor, General Livingston, but I think my flash was too bright!
Being silly
Fri. 5:30 a.m. We leave our hotel, grab some much needed LARGE McDonald's sugar-free vanilla iced coffee as a pick-me-up, and head back to Jacksonville and to work. Needless to say it was the longest school day of MY LIFE, with a child peeing all over themselves and the bathroom floor within their first 10 minutes at school, the assistant that takes my class out for recess gone on a field trip, and counting acorns a students had brought in for our estimation jar, only to find tons of MAGGOTS in the bottom of the jar. At least I can say I survived my first Marine Corps Ball, and I just hope that next year it falls on a weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You look great! I love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! My husband was with 3/6 when he was in the Marines and in my opinion, the French Fourragere (sp?) makes the blues look a million times better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...what a busy few days! I was going to bring in acorns for my preK kids to play with in the sensory table, but when someone told me they may have maggots...I nixed that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...