Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Recipe Collection

I am making a new goal for myself that I will try at least one new recipe per week. To make it more fun, I decided to gather recipes based on a theme each month. For October, no theme could be more appropriate than PUMPKIN. During this month I tested out three yummy pumpkin recipes, and I am sharing my adventures with pumpkin here. Enjoy!

This is what my kitchen looked like during the recipe testing:





*I didn't find time to make all the other pumpkin recipes I collected yet, so I might be adding to this in the coming weeks if I find time to use my remaining jar of pumpkin!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
October 2010, All You Magazine


These are incredibly yummy! They taste like a very creamy and slightly sweeter version of a pumpkin pie (a la cheesecake of course). They are a bit of work to make, since you have to have an 8x8 pan along with a 13x9 dish to sit the cheesecake pan inside of. We made these twice, so I would say they were our favorite!

Pumpkin Crumb Cake
October 2010, All You Magazine


We will definitely be saving this recipe for falls to come! It tastes yummy with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea. However, it does not travel well, as I learned when I tried to mail some to my brother in Illinois.


Pumpkin Chai Bread
Bowl of Mush Cooking Blog



I stumbled across this recipe online in my quest of pumpkin recipes. I had some Chai tea leftover from when I made rice pudding last month, so I figured this would be another recipe to use the tea bags. I had to improvise on the size of pan to use, as we do not own a loaf pan. This bread rose a lot, as you can tell by its puffiness in the photo. This was definitely not as sweet as the first two recipes, and had a mild pumpkin flavor. It was yummy with some Smart Balance spread on it, and I enjoyed it for breakfast an entire week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...