Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Simple Onion Soup Mix Meatloaf

This is the only recipe I have ever needed to use for plain old meatloaf and it is delicious! Actually, I lie. I usually make meatloaf with breadcrumbs, but we were all out! I improvised (after consulting Google search, obviously) and substituted some old-fashioned oatmeal instead. Dustin and I actually thought it made the texture a little more interesting, and we are going to make the recipe this way from now on!

Simple Onion Soup Mix Meatloaf
Recipe from Lipton Onion Soup Mix Packaging
8 servings, 5 minutes prep, 60 minutes cooking time

Ingredients
2 pounds (lean) ground beef
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 package onion soup mix (found in our Food Lion near the ethnic food section)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/3 cup ketchup (if you are feeling adventurous, I saw variations that used BBQ sauce or A1 sauce)

1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl with your hands.


2. Form your mix into a loaf shape in a loaf pan, or in a 13 x 9 dish. I use aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to speed up the cleaning process!


3.  Bake in 350 degree oven until meat is fully cooked throughout (60 minutes or more).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...