Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I have had two giant containers of old-fashioned oats sitting in my pantry for what seems like forever! Naturally, when I stumbled across a recipe for pumpkin pie oatmeal, I had to give it a try! Extra bonus: this recipe came from Budget Bytes, which estimates the cost per serving as only $0.46.



This recipe reheats really well, and is very dense. I tried it with milk a couple mornings, and that gave it a thinner consistency. I left the milk cold, and that was a little weird. You probably should heat the milk up if you eat it that way.

Then a couple days ago, I decided to reheat it with some sugar-free maple syrup. That was a winning decision! It added a little more sweet flavor, without adding too many calories. I hope you can enjoy this recipe as much as I did!

I think this recipe is a keeper when it comes to fall breakfast - so I am linking up with "It's a Keeper Thursday". You can link up as well, just click the button!

It's a Keeper

Without further ado, here's the recipe!


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Serves 6
Recipe from Budget Bytes

Ingredients
1 can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. salt
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 + 1/2 cups milk
2 + 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats

Directions


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Starting at the top of the list, mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix all ingredients together before adding oats.

2. Cook in a loaf pan (or in my case, an 8" round cake pan) for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so interesting! I wonder if it would work if i had to steam & mash butternut squash instead of using a canned one (i've never seen 'em here before...or looked for them actually).

    Anywho, i'm a new follower from Sweet & Savoury Delights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...