Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day in Georgia

With no little kids in the house, that means we all get to sleep in late on Christmas morning! One of my brothers, David, was spending Christmas day in Chicago and coming down a couple days later. So on the morning of the 25th, it was just the four of us opening up presents in our jammies. 



Santa spoiled me quite a bit this year, as he brought me a Cricut for some of my crafting projects, some cute new yoga pants and jackets for working out at the gym, and a Magellan GPS system so I won't be constantly pulling over to reconfigure directions on the iPhone.





We spent most of Christmas day munching on snacks and Christmas cookies, and watched "Crazy, Stupid, Love" on DVD. It was a really cute, funny movie! Then I put together a simple Christmas dinner. Since we have never had just four people for a holiday dinner, we decided to tone down our meal. I made a spiral ham, green bean casserole, and by my family's request, my yummy Cheesy Corn Rice (I'll post the recipe soon).





It was a nice low-key Christmas, made even better when I was able to facebook chat with Dustin. I feel so blessed that I am able to spend so much time with my family back home enjoying fun and food while he is halfway across the world. But in good news, Dustin should be sending me his address soon (care packages) and they are starting to work on the R&R schedule. I think starting to plan what we will do when he comes back for two weeks will keep me going these next few months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...