Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Poor Car

Remember when I posted about how wonderful my car was and that hardly anything has ever gone wrong with it? Well, I pushed my luck by saying that aloud, I mean, typing it onto the blog.

I was minding my own business driving home from work when CRASH! A girl wasn't paying attention and tried to turn across three lanes of traffic, crashing into my car. My poor car had to be towed, I had to file a police accident report, and spent about an hour on the phone with insurance companies, but I am so thankful that it is just my car that is damaged, and that I was able to walk away in one piece.

If she would have been driving faster or hit the middle of my car instead of the front, I am scared to think what could have happened if my car was pushed into opposite traffic going 45+ miles per hour.

Now I am unwinding this evening with some Olympics coverage, Dominos pizza, and a glass of wine.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are okay!

    And this is exactly why I hate driving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the good thing is accidents are very rare!

      Delete
  2. bummer!!! glad you are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! Glad to be safe and sound - plus my rental car is a Mustang, which I am kind of enjoying :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...