Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday Weekend

This weekend was an absolute BLAST! I celebrated my 24th birthday all weekend long.

Friday we went out for our first night of Jacksonville nightlife - and it was okay :/ We went to Sharp Shooters, which is just a little bit from our house. They have karaoke on Friday nights, which would be really fun to do, but I think we need some more friends around to get the courage to belt out some incredibly awful tunes.

Saturday we took a day trip to Wilmington aka my new favorite place in North Carolina. The mall there was big enough for me to actually get lost inside, and they had some cool Florida Gator coozies - which I of course had to buy :) I even already picked out Dustin's birthday present from a sports store there.

We were planning to tour the Battleship North Carolina, but it was raining on and off, so we decided to take a literal rain check on those plans. We ate at Dockside on the water, which we decided has the yummiest Clam Chowder we have ever had! The peel & eat shrimp were pretty good too - and a little spicy, which we love!

Then we went to Cape Fear Wine and Beer, which is a really eclectic craft beer bar in downtown Wilmington. They had only 2 or 3 beers I even recognized, but the bartender was able to point me toward a drink I really liked.

Sunday was my actual birthday, and we had our friends Johnny and Rosie over with their baby to hang out at our pool. Dustin surprised me with my favorite - cookie cake! - and a new Vera Bradley purse I have been eying for months. Isn't he awesome? I think so!

One year older and wiser!


1 comment:

  1. Found you on Semper Spouse! Happy Birthday! and your pictures are cute! I'm originally from Alabama lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...