Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wilton Cake Class: Final Project

This weekend our kitchen smelled so yummy, with all the powdered sugar and merengue powder getting whipped together in the mixer, along with yummy freshly-baked cakes. Dustin's birthday is this week, so I have been working on a cake for him, along with preparing the final cake for my Wilton class I have been taking.

Last night was my final cake decorating class. Over the last 3 weeks we have learned how to make many different types of flowers out of simple royal icing. We made roses, rosebuds, primroses, apple blossoms, lilies, pansies, and daffodils. Our final project was to bake a cake, cover the sides with a basketweave pattern, and then decorate with a variety of flowers.

Here are some photos of my gold and purple cake. Dustin gets to eat it with all the guys he works with today, since it is his 25th birthday today! Check back this weekend to see photos of the awesome cake I am making for my hubby's poker night birthday party!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...