Monday, August 2, 2010

David's visit

As I mentioned in the last post, my brother David came down to visit us this weekend. He was the only member of my family who wasn't here when we moved in, so it was great that he got to see us in our new place!

Friday we played poker at the house. Then Saturday we spend the day in Wilmington. We did a little bit of shopping at Home Goods and Kohl's, since they don't have either store in Jacksonville.
Here are some photos of us posing by the water, and then a picture of this neat fence we found with thousands of keys hanging from it.



Then we took David over to Cape Fear Wine and Beer. It is a smallish bar in downtown Wilmington, but has an INCREDIBLE selection of craft beer.


I'm not a huge beer connoisseur, but the bartenders there have never steered me wrong! This time I tried a Japanese beer that was delicious and had the cutest owl bottle!

We came back Saturday night, picked up some Chinese take-out and ate at home while watching the movie Kick A**. It was a surprisingly dark movie, but we liked it. Reminded me of Sin City, which I liked a lot. Dustin and I thought some of the characters from the movie would make pretty neat Halloween costumes. We'll see if we still feel that way in October :)

All in all, it was a great weekend, and we can't wait to have the whole gang together again!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great time! i love wilmington!
    PS. lets hangout! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...