Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Road Trip Week: Part 3

After the wedding weekend in the Panhandle, we headed back to Georgia to see my parents for a few days. We stopped en route in Auburn, AL (boo to their football team). It was a small little town, but very cute and quintessential college town. We stopped there to eat at Cheeburger, Cheeburger. It was a really small diner-style hamburger restaurant that was absolutely PACKED with people, so we ate at their counter-top. They were rated highly on Yelp (one of my favorite iPhone apps), and I can agree that their food was delicious! If you are ever in the Auburn area, you should check them out, and probably try their milkshakes, even though we were too full to taste them ourselves.


Sunday was my dad's 50th birthday! We cooked out steak, played an intense game of spades, opened presents, and feasted on double chocolate strawberry cake! It felt so great to be back at home for his birthday, but it was a bummer that he had to fly out for work the next morning.


On Monday Dustin, my mom, my brother Brian, and I had lunch at Frontera's Mexican restaurant. Delicious! We even splurged and had the fried ice cream. I forgot how yummy that dessert is!

Then my mom and I did some shopping and talking at the Mall of Georgia. That evening we met up with one of my friends from high school, Brittany, to watch a Gwinnett Braves minor league baseball game. The game was fun (really long) and our seats were on the third line base; really close to the action! Which was unfortunate because a little girl in the row in front of us got hit in the arm with a line drive foul ball. It was really fun to catch up with old friends we don't see often!
Before we knew it, our whirlwind days in Georgia were over and Dustin and I were back on the long road to North Carolina, mentally preparing ourselves to return to work :/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...