Sunday, September 19, 2010

Me: 0 Cold Season: 1

Being a teacher (and a kindergarten one at that), I know that colds are just a part of life. However, I try really, REALLY hard to avoid catching them. I have managed to be very successful at this over the last 2 years, as I NEVER caught a cold/flu a single time during 2008, 2009, or 2010 (up to this point).

I just figured it was a combination of always getting 8 hours of sleep every night, using hand sanitizer/washing hands before eating, and not being overly touchy/huggy with my students since they are germ magnets.

Nothing has changed, yet here I am, four weeks into the school year, and I already caught a cold! I am battling it head-on with lots of medicine, rest, and soup, so hopefully it will pass quickly. Maybe I had only become immune to Florida germs, and these North Carolina ones have caught me by surprise! Here's to hoping I can build up my immunity quickly, because I HATE being sick!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...