Monday, November 15, 2010

Pre-Ball Checklist

Dustin's Marine Corps Birthday Ball is this Thursday in Greenville. I am really excited to go, because I had to miss his ball last year, due to living out of state. I have to admit, it was a little bit of a bummer that the ball is on a weekday night AND still over an hour away, but I am making the most of it, while still planning to work full days on Thursday and Friday.

It has been a couple years since I have had a formal event to get ready for, so I have been trying to get all the pre-ball prep together. Luckily, last week I bought the perfect dress, which I am so excited to wear! I searched through my closet and have found a pair of shoes and black purse to wear (both from my Senior Homecoming in 2003...gah! I'm old!), but I have been really mulling over how to do my hair, make-up, and nails for the ball.

I looked back at some old pictures from sorority formals, and other dressy events, to see if there were any looks I wanted to try again this year.
 

It sure is fun to look back at old pictures - although I kept seeing some of my favorite dresses and other clothes, and wonder where did they disappear to? I wonder sometimes if the laundromat fairy stole some of my clothes over the years living in Florida...

While watching Vh1 Jump Start videos the other morning, I saw Katy Perry's music video for "Fireworks", and I totally fell in love with her hair and make-up.
Photo from lovedistortion.com

You can check the full video out on YouTube right here. So I have decided to try and replicate it this Thursday. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I used my senior homecoming dress for this years ball. I couldn't afford a new one, ha ha. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting dressed up for formals :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...