Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mexico Date Night

We finally got around to our Mexican date night last night. Except we have to split in two parts. We did dinner and drink last night, but are waiting to watch the movie this afternoon, in order to be able to watch the Florida Gators game on Saturday. Unfortunately, the game didn't go so well for my Gators, and our debut in the authentic Mexican arena was a bit of a flop as well.

I found a recipe on the Internet that seemed simple, yet a little exotic. The recipe was titled Camarones del Diablo. Now my 4 years of Spanish should have tipped me off that Shrimp of the Devil might be a bit risky. But hey, these date nights are supposed to be an adventure outside of our comfort zone! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

Well, I mixed up the ingredients, and it started to smell a little odd. I am guessing it was just the chipotle seasoning, but the smell kind of made me want to throw up.

Well, as it all started simmering together, and after I de-tailed and cooked the shrimp, it started to smell more appetizing. We snapped some photos, plated it up, and then Dustin warned me it was spicy - about a 6.5 on the 0 to 10 scale, he said.

So I grabbed myself a container of sour cream, a XX amber, and decided I would give it a shot. That taco was SPICY! Like the kind of spicy where my throat, lips, and entire mouth were tingling. After dunking each shrimp into the carton of sour cream, it tasted pretty good, but since poor Dustin hates sour cream, he ended the meal saying it was a 12 on the spiciness scale.

Well, if you are brave, google the recipe Camarones del Diablo, and if it calls for diced chiles in adobo sauce, well then you know you found the right one. Just warning you to have your dairy anti-spicy product on hand!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...