Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Day Feast

This was my second year hosting Thanksgiving for my parents and brothers. Last year I hosted it from my apartment in Gainesville, Florida, and this year my family traveled out to North Carolina to spend the holiday weekend with us.

The day's cooking actually went really smoothly, due in part to my ultra-organization during our Sunday shopping excursion/nightmare at the Commissary the weekend before. We bought a 12-pound turkey, 4 boxes of stuffing, 10 pounds of potatoes, and lots of other goodies. We got a Butterball turkey, and this year I just simply stuffed it, stuck it in the roasting pan, and poured some chicken broth in the bottom of the pan. It turned out so delicious and juicy that it actually shredded right off the bone. Sometimes the rule of keeping it simple really works! I whipped up some deviled eggs, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and mashed potatoes, but forgot to make Dustin his favorite green fluffy dessert, even though I had the recipe and ingredients - OOPS! Here are some photos of us enjoying the yummy dinner!



Yummy cranberry butterscotch bars!

Delicious turkey, in the process of carving

Thanksgiving photo, taken from iPhone, so excuse the blurriness

Delicious spread of food

 About to dig in!

 Bourbon pecan pie - made from pecans I received from a student's family!

Delish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...