Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wonderful Weekend with my Family

I have been absent in the blogging world as I prepared for and enjoyed the long weekend visit from my parents and brothers. We had just about the BEST time ever! I have already started the countdown to our trip back to Atlanta for Christmas to spend more time with the family - only 23 days until we leave!

My parents spent the weekend staying in our guest bedroom on the daybed, while my brothers crashed on a pair of queen-sized air mattresses in the family room. Our apartment was definitely crammed this weekend, but we could not have been more happy to be short on space! The family didn't arrive until late Wednesday night, and Thursday was spent cooking, tossing around the football, cracking pecans, feasting on food, and taking a trip to Mike's Farm. We visited Mike's Farm in Back Swamp, North Carolina back in October, but it was so crowded we had to skip the hayride. The farm was not crowded AT ALL on Thanksgiving, and the weather was terrific! We arrived there at about 7:30 and enjoyed the Christmas music, fake snow, and great light show on the Christmas hayride!

Mom and Brian ready for the hayride




The whole family on the farm
The Colwells

Boys being silly


On Friday, Dustin woke up early to cook us all omelets for breakfast! We avoided Black Friday crowds, and instead spent the day watching football, eating Turkey reheats, and taking my poor kitty Bailey to the vet. He had some hair loss on his ear, so they gave him some medicine and one of those Elizabethan collars to wear so he can't mess with his ear, so Bailey was a pretty unhappy kitty all weekend.





Saturday my mom and I drove down to Wilmington for a girls' day of Christmas decoration shopping and lunch. We came back in time to order a yummy Beast-sized pepperoni pizza from Credo's and watch the Gators lose the game, which was disappointing. I also experimented with some recipes with my mom and made some snowman and reindeer Oreo Truffles to start off the Christmas baking season right!


On Sunday my mom and Brian left early for the long drive back to Atlanta, while the rest of us watched the Falcons game in Raleigh before dropping my dad and David off at the airport to fly out to Texas and Illinois for work.



The weekend sure flew by, and I am hoping this work week will do the same, so I can decorate and relax some this upcoming weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...