Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Thank you to all the veterans, present and past, who make our country a safer place to live, thanks to your daily sacrifices.

I want to say a special thank you to the families with children, who continue to serve our country, despite the countless precious moments they miss with those families. As a kindergarten teacher in a predominantly military town, I find it unbelievable how well-adjusted my students are, despite several of them having moved many times already in their lives, and four of which have fathers deployed overseas right now. I think military families are absolutely INCREDIBLE and want to give a huge THANK YOU to all those who have let America borrow their father, mother, sister, brother, wife, or husband in order to keep this the land of the free and the brave.

Thought I would leave you all with some photos of my class yesterday, as we made Thank You cards for the deployed parents in our class. I also made a surprise slideshow (with parents' help) using photos of my kids' military dads. My kids were grinning from ear-to-ear, so proud of their daddies! It really brought a tear to my eye. So please just remember today that it is not simply a day off of work and school, but a day of thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...