Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years' Resolutions

As every year closes, it seems only natural to start planning for the next year. And that means New Year Resolutions! Here are my resolutions for 2011 - hoping I can get at least a couple of these to stick!

- Make healthy eating / fitness a priority. In college, when I had all the time in the world, I was always able to make trips to the gym. Also, cooking healthy is a lot easier when you don't have an incredibly hungry and picky-eater Marine living with you. Since I got a PlayStation Move with ZUMBA for Christmas, it should be pretty fun to get moving and working up a sweat in 2011!

- Cook more. Looking back on our budget and spending habits from 2010, we spent way too much on food and eating out. In order to save more money and reinforce my first resolution, I am going to try to cook more dinner myself. At a minimum, we are going to cut out the take out / restaurants completely for the month of January, and then we'll go from there.

- Date nights. I don't mean that we need to go out, but Dustin and I definitely want to try to make some more special "date" time, even if it means just locking away our laptops, popping some popcorn, and cuddling on the couch with a Redbox movie. I want to make sure our time together is not just time, but QUALITY time.

- Plan ahead at work. I have gotten in a nasty habit lately of leaving unfinished projects at work. I want to get back to the days of getting my entire next day ready before I leave work each afternoon.

Hopefully my New Years' resolutions will last past January! I guess I will have to update February 1st to fill everyone in on how I am doing :) Happy 2011 everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...