Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Us

I may be a few days late (5 days to be exact), but that comes with the territory when our anniversary falls on a Monday, and I have 5 days with my 22 wonderful 5- and 6-year olds before I get some time to myself on the weekend! But enough about work...

We have been married for ONE WHOLE YEAR! It has gone by really quickly, yet looking back to time before I moved to North Carolina, now that seems like eons ago. This last week - I put together a video with music to have a memory of all our wedding photos. Someday I am sure we will watch it with our kids! I would post it, but it is about 12 minutes long, and I think it would probably take an entire day for my computer to upload!

During our awesome out-of-town trip to Charleston, Dustin and I pondered over our Top Ten days from our first year of newlywed bliss (in no particular order).

1. French food and seafood on our delightful last night on our honeymoon in Jamaica



2. Week of awesome fun with my brother, David, and Dustin in Florida back when I worked and lived there, all of 9 months ago (see, time does really fly!)




3. Dustin's 25th birthday, where I went ALL OUT with the poker theme




4. Halloween party with friends, even if it ended with fertilizing some of our apartment's foliage AND may have been a contributing factor to the state of North Carolina banning the sale of Everclear (we are kidding, I think)


5. Atlanta Falcons Monday Night Football game at the Georgia Dome



6. Kinston Indians baseball game



7. Night out with old friends in Pensacola, Florida. How I would love if it was possible to actually get stationed down there.



8. Thanksgiving with my family, complete with turkey and all the trimmings, and an evening hayride at Mike's Farm



9. Fourth of July fireworks on base at Camp Lejeune


10. Celebrating our anniversary with champagne, lots of meat, and full tummies at Rioz Brazilian Steakhous in Myrtle Beach



2 comments:

  1. LOL! I do blame your party for the Everclear ban!! I love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I agree with Nicole! I love your post. Happy Anniversary girl!

    Oh, and me and my sister LOVE your poker themed food! Can you send me the recipes? I would love you forever :)

    we.see.the.same.stars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...