Saturday, March 26, 2011

March has been.... eh

As you can tell from the title, our month has been a "typical" month. Nothing really exciting has happened, and we have just been enjoying the warm, spring weather, without any big trips or crazy adventures planned. I have actually been taking a hiatus from blogging here to work on some technology-stuff with my class of kindergarten students. We have been videotaping and recording voicethreads the last couple weeks in school, and I have been using my free time to update my classroom blog for parents (especially deployed or out-of-town family) to see what's going on in the classroom.

Dustin is getting ready to do some training in Virginia next week, and will be gone for 3 weeks. Then it will be Easter and Vegas trip for us, following which Dustin will be in California for about a month! It has definitely thrown a couple hiccups our way that Dustin is suddenly going to be gone for about 7 weeks out of the next 11 weeks or so, but hopefully he will be here all summer long!

We did manage to head down to Wilmington last weekend for a great lunch on the patio at Carolina Ale House, watching some the of NCAA March Madness. I am super-excited my Gators are still alive, playing Butler in the Elite 8 today in a couple hours!


I will leave you with some photos of my classroom on St. Patrick's Day...a mischievous leprechaun visited our room and made a huge mess!

Lucky Charms by the behavior chart

Leprechaun traps my students crafted at home

Lucky took all the green toys out of the treasure box!

Leprechaun footprints?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...