Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dustin's Birthday Fiesta

Dustin's birthday was this Thursday. We celebrated that day with dinner at Dustin's choice: Ruby Tuesday. They used to have a Buffalo Shrimp Quesadilla on their menu there, and I always feel so VIP when I ask to order it and find out they can still make it!  Dustin opened up his presents, and we ate some of this amazingness that is the Dairy Queen ice cream cake!


Friday night we had some friends over for a Fiesta! I made a giant pan of taco meat and set up a taco bar with crunchy and soft tortillas, and all the fixings! It was fun to catch up with friends and play a little game of Scrabble. You know, Words with Friends, but without the automatic scorekeeper! The guys got a little more competitive, and ended up designing some crazy minute to win it-style drinking challenge. It was certainly interesting to watch, and made me feel like I was in the middle of some kind of frat house hazing tradition.  Nicole brought some really yummy Mini Margarita Cheesecakes. I couldn't even taste the tequila in them and they were so yummy!

I am feeling chipper as can be this morning, and am ready to head to New Bern today for the Beer Festival. Wish me luck keeping track of my husband in a room full of around 200 beer samples!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...