Sunday, October 9, 2011

Laid-back Fall Weekend

Thursday: Yes, I had to work on Friday, but we started the fun on Thursday night! We hit up the Onslow County Fair. I still didn't get to try a deep-fried Snickers like I've always wanted because the line was so long, but we did enjoy some rides, people-watching, and running into former and current students. Dustin even witnessed my broken Spanish as I attempted to chit-chat with a former student's parents. It was entertaining, to say the least.

Friday: I stayed at work late to hang up a new hallway display (photos to come soon). I am super-excited to show off the next part of our letter exchange project! Friday night plans fell through, so the hubby and I went out to dinner together. We threw out some cheesy icebreaker questions, and even after 7+ years of knowing each other, there are always new things to learn!

Saturday: I had to drag my behind out of bed at 6:30 to get ready for a team-building event for the service organization I joined down in Wilmington. We went to the ropes course at UNCW, and it was the perfect fall day! No bugs biting, cool enough to wear my long-sleeved Gator shirt, but nice and warm when the sun came out. After the ropes course we ate lunch at Zoe's Kitchen in the Mayfaire shopping center. I wish that Jacksonville had more options when it comes to outdoor dining. I love to eat outside! It was a disappointing but chill night, as my Gators lost to LSU.

Sunday: I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. We headed to Wal-mart, and finally located some canned pumpkin (Food Lion and the Commissary have both been out of pumpkin lately). We had some brunch at Golden Corral, where I probably ate about three days' worth of calories. Definitely going to need to get serious about running and working out after work to look my best for Dustin's Dining In night (like the Marine Corps Ball, but toned down some). The rest of the day was reserved for fall cleaning. Hopefully I can finish deep-cleaning the kitchen, family room, laundry room, and foyer area before I sleep tonight. I am ready to set up my Halloween decorations, and I just can't get in the mood to decorate if the house isn't perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...