Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finally Conquered My Migraines

Over the last couple years I have been having some terrible, head-splitting migraine headaches. They would start the moment I woke up, and would not weaken at all, even after taking jumbo 800 mg ibuprofen! Being a kindergarten teacher, migraines don't really work with my daily schedule. So I went to the doctor about a month ago and told him my symptoms. He prescribed me some medication that dissolves on my tongue. I didn't realize that during migraines, your body actually keeps your body from dissolving any sort of swallowed medication, so it has to actually dissolve in your mouth! I felt a little dizzy for about twenty minutes, but then presto! My migraine disappeared, never to return again today (and it is 8:30 p.m. right now, so that is really saying something). Hopefully this is the end of 14 hour migraine headaches where I literally went to sleep at 8:00 p.m. just to make the pain go away.

In other news, Dustin is on his pre-deployment leave, so he dropped by to have lunch with me and my class. The kids were so adorable, and the boys especially loved having a guy to chat with about hunting and marine things, lol. We are going to try and make the most of the time he has off these next couple weeks, and are planning a mini-vacation to Asheville next weekend! I am even taking a day off work (which is a really big deal considering how time-consuming sub plans can be). I just really hope the next few weeks slooooow down so I can enjoy every minute with him here :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...