Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eight Hours Early

Merry Christmas everyone! My family has not yet woken up to open presents on this beautiful Christmas morning, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to post an update. Dustin has officially deployed with his unit, and I'll post pictures of all that later this week.

Yesterday I was just the happiest girl in the world. Not only was my hubby able to text me over the wifi where he was at, but he even gave me a phone call using Tango from his phone (Tango is pretty much face time, but since my iPhone is old, I have to use Tango to make it work). I got to see his handsome face, which was amazing! Apparently my end of the video camera wasn't working, so for the first 5 minutes or so he couldn't see anything. Which was of course a bummer for him. But then there was a Christmas technology miracle and he said his phone got one glimpse of me and then froze on the screen. It was so great to see him smile when he saw me. Awww.

So it has already been Christmas for him since we talked yesterday. I am so happy that I am able to spend this time with my family and just wish he was here to join in the fun. Tomorrow my mom and I are going out to start putting together his first care package, and I am pretty excited for that. Last night we watched a movie that I thought was great: "Midnight in Paris" with Owen Wilson. It was such a great movie, and really makes me want to go back to Paris again! Maybe I can convince the hubs to meet me there for his R&R time. That would be one romantic trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...