Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back from a Blogging Staycation

As the title suggests, I have not been in the mood to blog for a while. I haven't been off doing fun things, but just kind of flipping back and forth between work and being lazy around the house. 

Communication with Dustin has been kind of touch and go lately, with him being able to send me e-mails or make phone calls for a few days in a row, then go several days with no contact at all. Such is the life during deployment! I am hoping that I actually make it to the post office tomorrow to send him a belated St. Patty's day package. I bought tons of green-packaged items from Target, and am also sending him his passport. We are incredibly excited to meet up over R&R in Europe - right now we're thinking of spending a week in Paris and a week in Rome - any recommendations? I have been to both cities for short trips, but I am looking for new things to visit with hubby in tow.

So, what have I been up to? I enjoyed a morning 5 seconds of fame appearing in the background of a couple shots when my school was on the local news channel earlier this month, and had the wonderful privilege (lol) of arriving at school at 4:30 a.m. that morning to participate! It was truly a fun experience though, in all honesty. I have been attending monthly cooking classes through MCCS community services on base, and have collected some great recipes for Irish beef stew and stuffed french toast. Yum! To celebrate St. Patty's day I went to O'Charley's with some friends for green beer and comfort food - love their chicken tenders! 


 
 
It would have been a much better night if Dustin had been there to join in the fun :( Today marks 87 days down in this deployment, and in all honesty it does seem to be going by kind of quickly. I still wish the next few months would fly by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...