Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Planning Our Europe Trip

Even when I was in middle school, my parents had me help plan our family vacations. I pored over guide books and picked out the best restaurants and attractions for us to visit on our family trips to Disney World, San Diego, and other places I can't remember off the top of my head. For as long as I can remember, planning vacations has been one of my favorite things to do. So when the talk of Dustin's R&R leave came around, I could already feel the wheels spinning in my head.

Of course, this vacation poses a few more hurdles than the typical trip. For instance, not knowing the exact days we will be traveling. Due to operation security while he is deployed overseas, we probably won't know the dates of our trip until about a week before I see him. This doesn't stop me from obsessively compulsively checking flights from here to Paris. I just can't wait until the day I get to actually book it!

Also, I get the challenge of packing two weeks of clothes for myself, and two weeks of clothes for Dustin. He only brought one civilian outfit with him when he deploys, so I get to be his stylist for two weeks. This should be interesting!

Since I'm not able to pin down the exact details of our vacation dates just yet, I am instead planning every other detail of our vacation. I have been scouring Yelp for restaurant and attraction suggestions in Paris and Barcelona, filling in the days of our vacation with amazing adventures. And since we are going to Paris and Rome, both places I have visited, I made sure to include in my plans some of my favorite spots to visit again with my better half.

Mmmm... crepes in Paris

Versailles

Of course, the Eiffel Tower

Outside the Colesseum

Trevi Fountain in Rome

Night in Vatican


Now if I can only find something that will make time stand still during my two weeks with my hubby!

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how is it going right now? Were you and Dustin able to visit the places you planned on visiting? Time really flies when you are having a good time, most especially if you got to spend it with someone you love. Where do you plan to go to next time?

    Odessa Kammel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our trip was fabulous! I don't know that we will ever get to go on such an extravagant trip again, but we are toying around with a Washington DC trip sometime after he gets back stateside. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...