Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Marine's Homecoming

Please excuse the lack of posts lately. As the title suggests, my hubby is home, and we have been spending some wonderful quality time together! So here's the recap of the homecoming, now that I'm free to share all the wonderful details.

Everyone says to be prepared that dates and times will change, and often. Oh boy, they were right. We were given a four-day window, which soon became an arrival date (!). Then Hurricane Sandy tried to mess it all up and delay their return. He was suddenly due to come home at 10:00 p.m., but I decided to keep my request for a substitute teacher open for both the day of the return AND the following day. I'm glad I took both days off because after three more time changes, the guys arrived in the early afternoon on Thursday.

I spent the morning bouncing from spot to spot in the house putting together last-minute details. I vacuumed the house extra-good (my poor husband is allergic to our cat), and decorated the house with some red, white, and blue.



Then I was off to hang up my two beautiful banners. I think they turned out pretty nice! I felt like a zip-tie queen getting both shower curtains hung up in 5 minutes flat.



Then I headed back home to make a quick sign to take on base, and get myself all dolled up for seeing the hubby. I felt a huge rush of emotions as I drove the 30 minutes to the base, and actually teared up during the drive. Thank goodness for the waterproof mascara, because I think the months of stress were just finally starting to be lifted off my shoulders now that I knew he was en route to me. Before I knew it, I was in the company of some good friends I hadn't seen in a year, and then was the announcement to get out of the street because the buses were pulling up!


I couldn't find him at first, but when I did, I felt such a wonderful feeling of closure. This deployment was over! Here are some of the happy photos of us. I will post another entry later about how we spent the rest of his first weekend back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...