Friday, July 23, 2010
First Weekly Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu
I have seen a few other people posting recipes every week on their blogs, and it looked fun! So, I am joining in. My first recipe is Chicken Cordon Bleu. This is a surprisingly easy and delicious recipe, and I have made it a few times for family and friends. It is one of Dustin's favorite dinners!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Adapted from: Pillsbury's Fast and Healthy Cookbook, 1998
4 servings, 50-60 minutes to prepare and cook
2 chicken breasts (cut in half, to make 4 pieces total)
2 t. honey mustard
4 slices ham
4 slices swiss cheese
1 egg white
1 T. water
1/2 c. crushed cornflakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Lay the pieces of chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten the chicken pieces to 1/4" thick, using a rolling pin.
3. Spread honey mustard on top of each chicken breast. Then, place a piece of ham and slice of cheese on top of the honey mustard chicken.
4. Fold the chicken pieces in half (or roll up & pin with a toothpick). Dip the chicken in mixture of egg white & water, then coat in corn flake crumbs. Place chicken on baking sheet.
5. Bake chicken in oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Tastes delicious with some mixed veggies (Even though these particular veggies didn't seem to photograph very nicely).