Sunday, August 8, 2010

August Life Update

I figured every month or so we would update our blog with the nitty-gritty of how life is going for us, especially for our out-of-state family and friends that check up on us from time to time.

We have really gotten settled into our apartment, and I have to admit, I really like it here in Jacksonville. I've met lots of people who say they hate this town, but I think it really has a lot to offer. Good weather, so far (I mean it's hot and humid every day, but I came from FLORIDA), plus less than an hour to the beach. Also, we are less than 2 hours away from Raleigh and Wilmington, which offer a lot of other restaurants and things to do.

Dustin is almost done with all his physical therapy for the broken ankle, and is easing back into normal military physical training. He finished up his summer class he was taking online, and is now starting his next set of classes. It is such a wonderful opportunity that the military offers Tuition Assistance to the marines. He is working toward finishing his degree in Criminal Justice.

I have had a pretty whirlwind month! I was recently hired as a kindergarten teacher at a school nearby, and have spent most of the last week getting paperwork processed through the county office, meeting some of my colleagues, and beginning to move and organize my classroom stuff.

What is ahead of us this August?

-Visiting family in Georgia and celebrating my dad's 50th birthday
-Wedding in Pensacola, FL for our friends Nate and Emily
-School starts for myself and my lovely kiddos
-Begin our Fantasy Football league, which means beginning of FOOTBALL season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...