Saturday, April 23, 2011

April Is Flying

Is it just me, or is the month of April totally flying by? I have been having a very boring month, and completely threw myself into work while Dustin was doing some training out in Virginia for three weeks. On the bright side, my classroom has been looking spectacular, and I have enjoyed doing some really fun animal projects and activities with my class. Also, I have been getting notes and calendars together for next year, so I can come at the new school year with a better plan than this year. Teaching kindergarten for the first time has been a crazy experience, and sometimes I have felt like I am barely keeping my head above water as the year flew by. But here I am, enjoying my lovely week of Spring Break now! And that also means today marks 8 weeks from my official first day of summer break. Can you tell I'm excited about that one?

Anyways, as I was saying, life has not been all that exciting lately. I haven't been working out as much as I would like, although I did do 6 miles on the cross trainer today (I can never tell if that equates to 6 miles running or more like 6 miles biking). Dustin and I are having a low key Easter tomorrow, and are starting to get our stuff together for the big Las Vegas trip this week! We picked up a spiral ham, ingredients for cheesy hash brown casserole, a dozen eggs, rye bread, and a hollow chocolate bunny from Food Lion earlier today. Even though it is just going to be the two of us, I want to make sure it feels like Easter!

In getting ready for our trip to Vegas, I thought it would be a good idea to give myself a spray tan. I have had a can sitting under our bathroom sink since this summer, and now seemed like the perfect time to try it out. Not such a bright idea. The part that Dustin did (my back) turned out fine, as did my chest and torso. The arms and legs looked a little bit like I was an orange relative of the zebra. Then I (unfortunately) thought I could fix it by just filling in the white areas with spray, and then I went over any really dark areas with glass cleaner (it helps to rub the tan away). All looked well until we went outside later this afternoon to run some errands. The stripes were back! When we got back home, I loofah-ed the heck out of my arms and legs, so I am HOPING that tomorrow I will look more normal. I have definitely learned my lesson: it is worth the $30 to have a professional give you an airbrush tan, as I did for my wedding last year.

Hope everyone reading enjoys their Easter and I will post another entry later this week about our Vegas trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...