Sunday, June 12, 2011

School's Out for Summer

Yup, that's right everybody. After 180 days of teaching, I finally get my much-appreciated two months of summer vacation. Although I will miss smiles and hugs from my students, I definitely will NOT miss hearing my name called out 100+ times a day, being at work at 7:30 every morning, or the general chaos of being in a room with 23 6-year-old kids for 7 hours.

Dustin and I have already been enjoying this weekend thoroughly! We went out to dinner to celebrate Friday night, where I had some delicious summer peach sangria. We have rented a couple funny movies from Redbox, and I went to a baby shower for a friend yesterday. All in all, it has been a very chill weekend, which is just how I like to start summer break. I am back in to school this Monday to start packing up the classroom. Hopefully I can get it organized the way I want now, so that I will be able to set up quicker when I go back in August. Then Friday night, I am going to celebrate my official last day of work this year with a girls' night out and some delicious wine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...