Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ready for School

It's that time of year again! Sharp number two pencils, crisp stacks of paper, clean tabletops, and the promise of a new school year! I have spent the last week and a half setting up my classroom, so here it is folk! I like to think that kindergarten is our own little world, and I am so looking forward to getting to know my new group of kids!

Confetti bags for Meet the Teacher

A shamelessly stolen idea circulating in the teacher blog world: confetti to calm those back-to-school fears!

Here's to hoping I don't have to hide my teacher shelf behind a curtain this year...

A little brag board of family pictures, and later kids will use them to make words with magnets

My desk!

Our reading bulletin board area

Go Gators! And our classroom "mascot" Albert

File folders right next to my door so that I can remember to get stuff done. Like my receipt book, papers to go to the office, copies, and laminating!

Goodbye poem (again, borrowed from other amazing teachers) and a ring of lining up/hallway songs

Rolling carts are my friend :)

Previously mentioned shower curtain. No longer used to hide messy teacher stuff, but instead to create a little reading space for my students

Housekeeping center! Full of lots of dress-up and play food fun

Picture schedule, days of week, months of year

Classroom behavior system

Calendar!

Wish I owned stock in the companies that make containers.

Here's to organization this year!

Wish me luck friends! This lady needs to get herself to bed!

4 comments:

  1. Your room looks awesome! Can't wait to hear all the stories!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very organized and your room looks great! Have a great first week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole
    Thanks! And trust me, I've got a few stories up my sleeve already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ACUs and ABCs

    Thanks! I always start with the best intentions of organization, now I just hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...