Monday, September 26, 2011

Hello Fall!

If you didn't already know this, the first day of fall came and passed on Thursday of this week.

Here in North Carolina, it still feels like muggy, humid, summer days are here to stay for a while. However, when the fall weather actually comes to stay, I am excited to be spending lots of time doing these things...

Indulging in pumpkin and apple spice EVERYTHING. That means candles, hot beverages, desserts, decoration and more.



Wearing some cozy boots, jeans, and sweaters! Too bad my school only lets me wear jeans on Fridays, because I could totally live in them during the fall.

Being outdoors. I hope I can convince Dustin to take some afternoon walks with me in the crisp weather. If not with him, I can enjoy my biweekly running practice with the girls' running team at my school. I have also penciled in on our calendar a camping weekend and a trip to Mike's Farm for pumpkin picking and hayride fun, and a night at the Onslow County Fair, like we enjoyed so much last year.

Prepping for Halloween. I think our party last year was pretty successful, and I'm hoping this year will be EPIC, considering Dustin will be deployed for Halloween 2012. We haven't thought of costumes yet, but I know that apple pie punch will definitely be a fixture at our Halloween parties for years to come.


Dressing up! Hubby's unit is not having a ball this year due to the deployment, but they are having a "dining in" formal night on base instead. Trying to decide if I should recycle a pretty red cocktail dress from years past, or if I should splurge on a new dress instead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...