Monday, October 24, 2011

Santa Fe Chicken Wraps

I found this tasty concoction on Pinterest. 




They reminded me of a Moe's Homewrecker burrito EXCEPT that they do not have salsa, which I think is a slight miss. Hubby and I just dipped our wraps into a big bowl of salsa as we chowed down, and that worked just fine. Also, I really liked the crispy deliciousness that was the grilled wrap tortilla. I think that is a great improvement over Moe's kind of soggy, chewy tortilla (in my opinion). Without further ado, here is the recipe.


Please excuse the poorly lit iPhone photo. Shame, shame on me.

Santa Fe Chicken Wraps
Serves 6

1 cup cooked rice
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, finely sliced
1/2 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups shredded cheese 
Directions
1. Mix all ingredients except for cheese.
2. Place some of the mixture and cheese in the center of each of 6 large burrito-sized tortillas. Wrap and place seam-side down. Spray with nonstick spray and cook 2-3 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.
Also, I went ahead and whipped up a dozen of these wraps. We immediately froze half of the wraps (6) so that we can take them out and eat them again later this month. Dustin ate two wraps, I ate one, and then the other three went in the fridge to be reheated as leftovers in a couple days. Less days cooking makes me one happy girl!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those look delicious! And I LOVE the idea of making a big batch and freezing them!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...