Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nicholas Sparks Book Signing

I can't really remember how I stumbled across this information, but I came to find out that Nicholas Sparks would be signing copies of his newest book today at MCAS Cherry Point. Since Havelock is only about 50 miles away from us, and my mom LOVES Nicholas Sparks, I told Dustin we had to go.

We woke up at around 6:40 this morning, got showered, and were off on our adventure. The doors opened for military at 8:00, and the general public at 9:00. Well, we got there at around 8:50, and hopped in line to purchase our books! We brought along some stuffed animals we bought at Piggly Wiggly yesterday, since the event was to benefit Toys for Tots.


The event was incredibly organized, with everyone receiving a numbered ticket when they purchased their books.



We sat down in the theater and watched Nicholas Sparks sign books until our number was called. At that point we hopped in line, Dustin snapped a photo, and we were off with our newly signed books! I thought we would be waiting in line for hours when I read about the event online, but we were in and out in under a half hour. And the author was so nice! He even helped Dustin take a great iPhone photo by telling him he had to move closer for the flash to work in that dimly lit theater!


I was going to surprise my mom with the book for a Christmas present, but I am terrible at keeping secrets! I had to call her up on our way back to Jacksonville and spill the beans! She is very excited to get her autographed book, and I can't wait to give it to her this Thanskgiving :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...