Recipe from Budget Bytes
2 lbs. chicken breast tenderloin strips
1/2 c. flour
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 c. shredded coconut
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil, divided
1 c. sweet chili sauce
1. If your chicken is not in thin strips, cut them into 1 inch strips and remove extra fat.
2. Get out three bowls for breading. The first bowl needs flour and salt. The second bowl is for the eggs. The third bowl is for the mixture of coconut and panko.
3. Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Coat the chicken strips in this order: flour mixture, eggs, then coconut mixture. Cook about 6 strips in the skillet at a time, turning after about two minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken from pan and sit on paper towels to remove some excess oil. Continue to fry in batches, adding extra vegetable oil as needed.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the fried chicken on the pan. Cook for 10 minutes in 375 degree oven to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve with chili sauce!