Sunday, October 3, 2010

England Travel Date Night

Dustin and I had a wonderful idea of how to spice up our date nights, without breaking the bank. Check out this post, for more about our idea.

This week we traveled to England for date night. I traveled to London a few years back during my EuroTrip 2007, and tried Fish and Chips while we were there.



Since we don't have a deep fryer, I figured we would have to try a different recipe for our date night. Thus, I made a Shepherd's Pie, which I had never had anyway! I found the recipe on the internet, and went out to get all the ingredients in the middle of the week. The only ingredient Food Lion didn't have was the ground lamb, so I substituted ground beef. I know, that makes it not exactly traditional, but I don't really like the taste of lamb too much anyway, so it worked out fine for us.


Here are some photos of us chowing down on our dinner, sipping on some Newcastle beer, having rice pudding, and watching Green Street Houligans, which was a pretty intense movie!



I hope every country we "visit" will be as fun as England was for us :)

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog after dinner and I'm so glad I did. And yes, I know that makes me sound "stalker-ish!"

    Anyways, I love the date idea and love love love your outfit! It's so fall-y!

    And your house?! Gorgeous! The kitchen is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea of going to different countries and cooking/eating different foods. I have never had shepards pie either but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...